Jacobs Real Estate Services is committed to engaging in aggressive, effective sustainability practices that not only benefit the environment, but which also reduce or minimize operating expenses. Where practicable, JRES also seeks LEED and Energy Star certifications that require very stringent standards.
Some of the specific “green” areas or practices targeted include:
- More efficient heating and cooling
- More efficient use of water, particularly in restrooms
- Use of environmentally friendly chemicals, pesticides, and cleaning supplies
- Trash recycling and encouraging of “paperless” communications and filing
- Use of more efficient lighting methods
- Education and motivation of the building population to conserve and recycle
- Participation in national and local events such as Earth Day and Lights Out Night.